Sunday, December 12, 2010

Part 2

So...I'm sure most of you figured out that I was shooting the Markus Naslund pre-game ceremony and Vancouver Canucks hockey game.
 
Markus Naslund's number being retired
More after the jump...
First period action along the boards
Battling for the puck
Goal mouth action
Tampa Bay's third goal
The overtime goal
As I mentioned, I haven't shot for any of the wire services in many years.  I have chosen to focus on magazine work for the most  part.  And I can tell you, the wire service pace  and style is a very different one.  I enjoy doing it, mainly because it pushes me and my photography in different ways.  Any time I am out making pictures, that is a good thing.  It makes me think, and keeps me sharp.  The best way to become a better photographer is to shoot lots of pictures.  Now it's time to go, it's 12:06 AM, and it's past my bedtime.


3 comments:

Admin said...

Nice shots!!!

Lynn S said...

Great shots!! Where's the Canucks goals. lol. What lens did you use in the shot of the number being retired?

Unknown said...

Thanks Lynn. I had the Canucks goals, unfortunately they didn't tell the story of last night's game. The retired number picture was shot with a 24-70mm F2.8 at 55mm. Due to the pre-game ceremony, I used a lot of different lenses last night. they were; 14-24mm, 24-70mm, 70-200mm, and a 200-400mm.