Monday, November 29, 2010

Speedlight Bootcamp

I just finished up another fabulous week-end speedlight bootcamp, at Vancouver Photo Workshops, and wanted to share some of the photos.  Thanks to all of the participants for bringing an enthusiasm for learning that motivates me to teach.  Another big thank you to all of our models, without whom our shooting sessions just wouldn't be the same.  Trust me, you don't want to have to shoot pictures of me all week-end.  Thanks to Shazmin, Cecelia, Yusuf, and Eric.

We shot on location, and in the studio, with a pile of gear that required numerous sherpas to haul around.  I also have to thank my assistant , Eric, for knowing what I need, even before I do, and co-ordinating the above mentioned mountain of equipment.  Thanks too, to Marc Koegal, director of the truly awesome space that is V.P.W.  Another big thanks to Carol, at Nikon, for helping us out with Nikon Speedlights.

The always fabulous, Cecelia.
 More photos after the jump...

More fablousness.

The uber-cool hipster, Eric.

Still more fabulousity

Stay tuned for more workshops coming soon.


8 comments:

mjbell said...

Love these Chris, count me in for the next workshop.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jeff, I'll let you know when the next one is running. Stay tuned here for updates and info.

Admin said...

They're excellent. You're great instructor.

PS. I re-registered for the Photojournalism course in January 2011. See you in a month again.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Joe. I'll see you in January.

Redivivus Photography said...

These are awesome Chris! I'm so bummed that I had to withdraw from your class this semester, you're a truly inspiring teacher and I feel like I’ve grown immensely as a photographer since I've taken your classes! I can’t wait to get back to school (I’m looking forward to having my body back too!)
In the meantime I’ll look forward to your posts!

Regards,
Kendra

Unknown said...

Thanks Kendra. School will always be there, you're working on something waaaaay more important. Just think of the fabulous photo subject you'll have, your new baby. Best of luck.

Lynn S said...

These pics are amazing Chris. I love looking at other people's work. It is very inspiring. The lighting in the last shot is amazing!! Can't wait to see more.
Lynn

Unknown said...

Thanks Lynn. Stay tuned for more workshop announcements.