Friday, February 4, 2011

Fashion Shoot...

It's widely known and accepted that I am a big time fashion photographer.  I'm an expert at this stuff, you know, Malcolm Gladwell; 10,000 hours and all that that stuff

O.K. maybe not.  So, when I needed to show my Langara College students how to run a fashion shoot, I knew I'd have to turn it over to an expert.  Photographer, David Ellingsen is that guy.  David shoots a variety of things, and he's an expert at all of them.  While I am very comfortable talking about most of the subjects we cover in my new Editorial Photography course at Langara, fashion isn't one that I would say falls within my area of expertise.

David assembled an awesome team to put on a great shoot at the fabulous shooting space that is Sugar Studios.  Thanks to Gina and her crew for helping us out.

David Ellingsen Showing some test shots before the shoot.
More after the jump...


2:30PM- pick up lighting gear at Langara, and a couple of rental items from Beau Photo.  



4:30PM-Meet David at Sugar, unload gear, and start setting up.


5:00PM-Make-up artist and nail artist arrive.


5:10PM-Stylist arrives.


5:20PM-Model arrives.


5:25PM-Last minute details discussed with team.


5:30PM-Make-up, hair, and nails with model.


6:00PM-Tests shot, lighting ready to go.


6:05PM-First student arrives.


6:45PM-David discusses the shoot with students.


Flags for props
7:10PM-Model styled and make-up done.


Last minute adjustments
7:15PM-10:15PM-Shoot 6 looks, all with different hair, make-up, styling, and props.


A bit of football
Fencing anyone?
10:45-All packed up and leaving Sugar studios.


Thanks to David, the fabulous team he assembled, and Sugar Studios.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fashion - need a model and not a model airoplane Christopher.. I like what you wrote, just making the room totally white is awsome, so much within the realm of photography..